If your kids are anything like mine, they really balk at drinking herbal teas. They just aren’t as sweet as daddy’s tea (Southern Sweet Tea). Well, I was tired of fighting with them, so I made up a tea blend that looks like a “fruit” flavored drink and tastes like a fruity minty tea. Unbeknownst to them, it is chocked full of herbal goodness. It have tons of vitamins and minerals, is refreshing and good for your immune system.
- Red Raspberry Leaf-rich in iron, calcium, and Vitamin E
- Stinging Nettle Leaf-a great source of iron, calcium, Vitamin A, and chlorophyll
- Hibiscus-Provides the brilliant red color. Great for upper respiratory health, heart and circulatory health, and contains vitamins A, C, and iron.
- Rosehips-TONS of Vitamin C! Great for a healthy immune system.
- Orange Peel-Vitamin C, evens out the herby flavor
- Peppermint Leaf-anti-oxidant, good for digestive and respiratory health
- Stevia Leaf-Just a pinch is added to sweeten it up a little bit. This is real whole stevia leaf. No extracts or processed mess here!
If you would like to try to make it yourself, it’s fairly easy. I use equal parts everything, but a pinch of peppermint and stevia. Steep about 1/2 ounce (wt.) in boiling water for about 10-15 minutes. Longer if you’d like. Shorter if you’d like. Strain. Put in a gallon container and fill with ice and water. Voila!
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this article. However, I only recommend products or services that are in line with my personal and professional ethics and standards.